Ways To Keep My Colored Concrete From Fading In Bonita
Concrete is a great material for any outdoor space. It is durable, low-maintenance and available in a variety of colors to provide aesthetic appeal. But like all materials, it requires some maintenance to ensure its longevity and prevent fading caused by UV rays and weathering. Here are seven tips to keep your colored concrete looking vibrant over time:
- Sealing the concrete with a good quality sealer will help protect the color from fading due to exposure to sunlight or other elements. Make sure you carefully read the instructions on how often you should reseal your surface as this will depend largely on the type of sealer you use.
- Color enhancers can be applied periodically to help make your colored concrete more resistant to fading and keep it looking vibrant. Make sure you read the instructions on how often color enhancers should be applied, as this will depend on the type of product used.
- Applying a color hardener during installation can help protect against UV damage that can cause fading over time. When mixed with water, it creates an impenetrable layer on top of the concrete to provide extra protection from the elements.
- Regular cleaning of the surface is essential for preventing dirt from building up and causing discoloration over time. If any spills or stains occur, make sure they are cleaned up promptly so they don’t have a chance to settle in and cause permanent discoloration.
- While salt is great for melting ice, it can be damaging to colored concrete as it can cause fading. If you live in a cold climate that sees snow and/or ice in the winter, try to keep salt away from your concrete surfaces as much as possible.
- When cleaning your colored concrete, make sure you use non-abrasive products that won’t damage or strip away the sealer. This will help protect the color from fading due to wear and tear over time.
- If any cracks start to form in the surface of your colored concrete, make sure they are repaired promptly. If left to worsen over time, they can lead to discoloration of the concrete and ultimately cause fading.
Can You Seal Colored Concrete?
Yes, you can seal colored concrete in order to protect it from fading caused by exposure to sunlight or other elements. Make sure you carefully read the instructions on how often you should reseal your surface as this will depend largely on the type of sealer you use.
Will Colored Concrete Fade?
Colored concrete can fade over time due to exposure to sunlight, weathering and other elements. However, with proper maintenance and protective measures such as sealing and color enhancers, you can ensure that it will remain vibrant for years to come.
What Is A Color Hardener?
A color hardener is a product that is applied during installation which helps protect against UV damage that can cause fading over time. When mixed with water, it creates an impenetrable layer on top of the concrete to provide extra protection from the elements.
It is easy to keep your colored concrete looking vibrant and beautiful with the right maintenance. Make sure you seal your surface periodically, use color enhancers when needed, clean it regularly and repair any cracks promptly. For more information, contact Concrete Contractor Bonita at (619) 494-1611.