How To Find Voids Under Concrete Driveway In Bonita?
Concrete is a durable material that can last for many years. However, it is not indestructible. Over time, concrete can develop cracks and other types of damage. When this happens, it is important to repair the damage as soon as possible. Otherwise, the damage will only get worse and could eventually lead to the need to replace the entire driveway.
One way to repair damaged concrete is to fill in any voids that have developed. This can be done with a variety of different materials, but it is important to choose something that will be durable and long-lasting. Here are five tips to help you find voids under your concrete driveway:
- Take a look at the surface of your driveway. If you see any cracks or other damage, there is a good chance that there are voids underneath.
- Use a hammer and chisel to chip away at the concrete in small areas. If you hit something solid, then you know there is a void beneath the surface.
- Use a screwdriver to poke holes into the concrete. If the tip of the screwdriver sinks into the concrete, then there is a void below.
- Pour a small amount of water onto the driveway surface. If the water disappears quickly, then it has likely seeped into a void below.
- Call in a professional to help you locate any voids that may be present. They will have special equipment that can help them
How Do You Check For Voids Under Concrete?
Checking for voids under concrete is easy. Look for cracks or other deterioration on the concrete’s surface. If you see this, there may be voids below. Use a hammer and chisel to chip small portions of concrete. If you hit something solid, there’s a void below. Concrete can be drilled using a screwdriver. If the screwdriver point sinks, there’s a void below. Finally, pour water on the driveway. If water disappears quickly, it may have seeped into a void.
What Is A Void Under Concrete?
A void under concrete is a space that has developed between the soil and the concrete. This can happen for a variety of reasons, but it is typically due to settling or erosion. Voids can cause problems because they can weaken the concrete and make it more susceptible to damage. Additionally, water can seep into voids and cause further damage to the concrete.
How Do You Fix Concrete Erosion?
Concrete deterioration can be fixed several ways. Fill any gaps. This can be done using a variety of materials, but choose something durable. Sealants can also stop concrete degradation. This will protect and clean the concrete. A topical application can help bond soil and concrete. This reduces erosion.
If you have concrete on your property, it is important to be aware of the potential for voids to develop. Voids can cause a variety of problems, so it is important to fill them in as soon as they are discovered. For more information, contact Concrete Contractor Bonita at (619) 494-1611.